Sunday, June 8, 2014

Southern Colorado Wild Flowers

It is such a treat to hike the trails of southern Colorado this time of year. Spring has awoken the land, the bees are buzzing and the flowers are blooming.

Here is a sampling of the beauty we find in the hills near Trinidad, Colorado:

I found these lovely cactus flowers nestled under a pine tree. The bright orange caught my eye from the trail and I had to take a peek. They seem so safe and protected inside the circle of the pine branches, yet they still reach out and say hello to the sun without any hesitation.

Claret Cup Cactus Flowers



This beautiful yellow flower adorns the prickly pear cactus. The bees were swimming in the sweet polllen.

 Prickly Pear Cactus Flower




This beauty was growing along the trail and seemed so happy to smile for the camera. Her yellow petals remind me of the warm golden sun.

 Perky Sue Flower




Of course I would find great beauty in a flower named the Fairy Trumpet. Vibrant and joyful, what an amazing vision!

Fairy Trumpet Plant


There are so many wonderful things to see on our Colorado trails, I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment